Lockdown Video #9: Tips for match prep and what to do when you get to the range. Tips from Paulo Paulino.
Share with friends you know will find this information useful.
Before we begin, it is important to follow the four cardinal rules of safe gun handling.
1. Always treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
2. Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Never put your finger near the trigger until you are ready to fire.
4. Always be sure of your target, and what is behind and in front of it.
Save close to 20% and get FREE registration for the Shadow 2 Standard and Urban Grey. Sign up to learn more and receive useful updates and promos from P.B.Dionisio & Co.
Team PBDionisio's Paulo Paulino, shares tips on how to prepare for a match.
During this enhanced community quarantine, take advantage of the extra time you have by improving your skills for competitive shooting. Team PBDionisio's Paulo Paulino give tips on how to prepare for a match.
Have a routine that prepares you for Level III or higher matches.
1. Do 1 live fire and 2 dry fire sessions a week.
2. Join Level I and II matches on the weekend.
3. As you get closer to the match, increase the number of live and dry fire sessions.
4. What you train on dry fire, practice in your live fire sessions.
5. Try to get enough sleep.
6. For diet, stay away from fatty food or red meat.
7. No alcohol 2 days before the match. Stay hydrated.
8. On match day, arrive early. An hour or 30 minutes early. Avoid feeling rushed. You want to be relaxed.
9. Do your equipment check.
11. Do a test fire.
12. It is ok to be nervous. Control breathing and emotions.
13. Be comfortable.
14. Some ranges may require you to wear cleats. Avoid metal cleats because they may be slippery.
We hope you enjoy the video. Please subscribe to get move useful insights and tips from P.B.Dionisio & Co.#czforthosewhoknow #CZxPBD #pbdionisio #beready #ipsc #psmoc #ppsa